Friday, November 18, 2011

Has anyone read Peony In Love by Lisa See?

What did you think of it? I thought it was a great love story, and things kept happening that I never expected. I also thought it was interesting that half of the book took place after the main character was dead. Any other thoughts? I haven't talked to anyone else who has read the book. What about her other book, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I haven't read it yet. If you've read it, do you recommend it?

Has anyone read Peony In Love by Lisa See?
This is the next book on my list. I'm very excited to read it, I have heard great things about the book. I'm just trying to finish On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan right now...
Reply:I have read 5 or 6 books by Lisa, and I love them all. I keep in touch with her, for we are both California authors and interested in China. I shall tell her that you love her latest books. have you seen the series about Hu-Lan? I suggested symbols to use for the name. I speak Chinese and Japanese. You can see my avatar photo has me in a 1603 japanese smaurai ceremonial ensemble. I switch occasionally to one of me in a Chinese emperor's jin liung pao of 1644.


No comments:

Post a Comment