Friday, November 18, 2011

I have been so engrossed reading books dealing with the unfair treatment of women what do you think this says?

...about me? I have read "A Thousand Splendid Suns".."Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" ..."Girls of Lahore"...etc....I can't believe how different customs are accepted that denies a womans dignity...I realize some of the customs are from hundreds of years ago but many are still practiced today. I don't know how to explain this to my friends...what words can I use to tell them...I like books that _________?

I have been so engrossed reading books dealing with the unfair treatment of women what do you think this says?
You like books that give voice to those who have none.





You enjoy books that tell the story of the forgotten/invisible.





You prefer books that open your heart, as well as your eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment