Saturday, November 14, 2009

Solution for how to thaw frozen Spring Flowers to enjoy in bouquets? I have one!!?

I sent out an appeal for solutions after my 5 bulb gardens froze. I had not heard the forecast of snow%26amp;freezing weather, so I did not cover them. My plants (loaded with blooms) all froze. Before covering them the next day, I picked several blooms%26amp;tried to "thaw" them to use in bouquets. Running under cold water, or allowing them to come to room temp on their own didn't work to my dismay. I thought for sure I would not be able to enjoy any of the 100's of blooms that my plants had produced this Spring. I covered the flower beds with 3 layers (after they had already froze). 1st-sheets, 2nd-flannel sheets, 3rd-black plastic. I left them covered for 6 days thru more snow%26amp;below freezing temps%26amp;simply hoped for the best. I knew the plants themselves would survive but thought the blooms were lost. Today is sunny%26amp;51 so I uncovered them. They "thawed"!! I just picked several dozen blooms%26amp;have vases everywhere! Thought I'd share this in case anyone ever


has the same experience in the future!

Solution for how to thaw frozen Spring Flowers to enjoy in bouquets? I have one!!?
Thanks for the info! I bet your house smell nice now!

barber

No comments:

Post a Comment