Monday, November 16, 2009

Where can I get the Korean finger dye?

There is a Korean tradition where you dye your fingertips an orange color and by the first snow fall, you will find your true love.


Where can I get this dye? I think it comes from this flower called the "touch me not" flower.

Where can I get the Korean finger dye?
"Touch me not" flower is called 'Bong-sung-hwa' flower also known as the Impatiens Balsamina. You can find Impatiens Balsamina seeds (at flower shop, home depot) and plant it yourself or you can buy the package of them (at big korean food store, such as, paldo, h-mart,etc.)





Oh yeah and in korea, there is a myth that if the stain/dye remains till the first snow, then your first love will come true.
Reply:I never knew about this. I love learning new things about cultures, and this is such an interedting practice.





http://www.thedcl.org/legends/asia/korea...





This is all i could find about the dye/paste.





women often dye their fingernails with an orange dye extracted from the touch-me-not flower. The entire process involves picking and crushing the flowers, mixing the paste, covering the fingertips with paste, and then keeping the fingertips wrapped overnight. The color remains for several months. Young women usually do this together with their mothers, sisters, or friends,





(scroll down to "2. Seasonal Celebrations: Summer")


http://www.papermuseum.co.kr/exhibition/...

email

No comments:

Post a Comment